Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Life After Bushfires // Tues 19th January, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Good question @Klutz, you will need to continue to refresh the page as you go. When you do, scroll to the top and you will see what page number we are up to, right next to the title of the chat 🙂 Hope this helps!

Re: Topic Tuesday // Life After Bushfires // Tues 19th January, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

I only just found out about this forum, it was shared to me by my local council. I guess I’ve just been feeling lost abs been wanting to speak to and connect with people that have gone through similar to what I have. Atm I’m not really passionate about anything, just been trying to take one step at a time, one day at a time trying to keep my head above water

@Klutz wow that's hard  how's the move gone?

Happy you're here & you've found us @JLD 😊

Ive been a member of the forums for a while now but i love the addition of the bushfires forums so we can support and guide each other through this.
im passionate about helping people, the devastation of the fires where i am will never be forgotten but i try to help out as much as possible by talking to bushfire victims, helping with animal care and donating furniture or the likes to those who have lost homes and are starting their lives all over again

I was interviewed for research for the forum . I am passionate about mental health and telling people how we are coping and trying to find anew community.

& to answer your question @Daisydreamer, what’s brought me to Sane’s Life After Bushfires community is my passion for supporting others, and where I can, using elements of my lived experiences to do so. Other than that, I’m really passionate about self care.   

You bring so much experience to this discussion @Fizz, and I am hearing the long term impact bushfires have had on you, your family and community. You've mentioned that you have worked in a number of areas affected by bushfires over the years, and have family impacted too. 

There are a lot of communities rebuilding and recovering at the moment, I am looking forward to hearing more about the things you have been doing to cope with the impact and trauma of bushfires

@JLD taking things one day at a time is always good when dealing with trauma of any kind and we need to allow ourselves the time and space to do that because it's okay to react that way 

You're definitely in the right place @JLD, these Forums are here all day every day, and everyone here has been touched by the bushfires in one way or another. Really glad you've joined us.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance