Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Life After Bushfires // Tues 19th January, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Hi I’m from the mid north coast, lost my home in the fires nov 2019

Re: Topic Tuesday // Life After Bushfires // Tues 19th January, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Finding g it hard to follow. Am on phone and have no refresh button. How do I see the conversation?

hi im new to this so i hope i dont stuff up!?

Welcome @Klutz 🙂

For those that are joining now, the first question is: 

We would love to learn more about you and the perspectives you bring to this community. What brought you to the Sane life after bushfires community? And what are some of the things you are most passionate about?

You are more than welcome to jump in and share your thoughts @Poppet1 @Klutz @outlander @AZZ @JLD💙

You're in the right place @143, just refresh to see new comments, or go back pages to see what the question was.

welcome @Klutz

Welcome @JLD and I am so sorry to hear what you have gone through. You are in the right place for support here with so many people who have open hearts ready to listen.

I hope you find some support in this discussion tonight Heart

In answer to the question @Daisydreamer as to what I'm here:

Due to connection with many of the affected communities I had a huge interest in the fires, especially living in a fire affected area myself. I had three friends lose properties and their animal companions and many others constantaly evacuated on and off for a number of weeks.

My Father who was living with demntia was evacuated from his home in Ulladulla due to the risk and moved to Sydney for his final months of life.

I could actually identify the exact spots where Hamish and other journos on ABC News 24 were standing when they did their reports during the fires from towns like Batemans Bay, Mogo, Broulee, Moruya, Narooma, Bermagui, Cobargo, Candelo, Bega, Tathra, Merimbula, Eden etc.

Not just the south coast but other rural and regional NSW towns I had got to know and build relationships with in my professional role as an organiser for a national human rights organisation - Cooma, Braidwood, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Berry, Nowra, the Southern Highlands, Lithgow and the Blue Mountains.

As I said, in hindsight, I didn’t realise how much impact it had on me. Admittedly, I overestimated my resilience.

Hi @AZZ@JLD  & @Klutz! Good to see you here 🙂 

@Poppet1 doing great so far! & @Klutz- that sounds tricky on a phone- perhaps if you highlight the url at the top of the page & hit enter it might refresh? 

Hello I lived in South. Coast  NSW 

and in NYE 2019 my house and shop I had for 14 years were destroyed in the fires. We left on jan 2 and now live in blue mountains.

so we lost our community and my buisiness and our home. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance