Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

suicide son1

I dont often talk about son1 because I always like to think that he is doing okay but over the weekend he tried to hurt himself. I am in shock because I am so far away.

17 REPLIES 17
StuF
Senior Contributor

Re: suicide son1

Oh @greenpea 

So sorry to hear that

@StuF 😪

I'm a bit lost for words @greenpea 

Is he ok at present?

Are You?

@StuF  he wrote a note to his wife telling her to use his credit card to go back to canada and then walked into the forest .... from what I gather he tried two different methods. He is not being properly medically treated and self medicates with alchole . I think he has bipolar2 and should be on mood stableizers . I feel numb 😔

Hugs @greenpea 

The craziness in Europe must have been very difficult to cope with over last couple years. You cannot do much but keep some contact online. Put your mumma bear pants on for him.  He has heaps of strength.  I also struggle with one child appearing to have it all together and the other in struggle.  Truth be known, I was also the one who was supposed to have it all together in my sibling group ... its a big pressure ... we are all human ... Hmmmm.   Hugs Bella

@greenpea 

Farrrk 😞

Any irl supports you can use right now?

@StuF  yes thank god. Could be so much worse he could of done it. We all love our son1 ....😞

@greenpea I am so sorry to hear about your son, and what your family have experienced this week Heart I am hearing the shock, and it's understandable that shock has also brought on some numbness. Our bodies feel shock in lots of different ways, and I hope you have what you need today to take care of yourself after this difficult news Heart

Has he been able to access support this week?

Have you got support around you? 

When we see the people we love hurting and not accessing the supports you feel he might need, it can be really hard to hold- we are sitting here with you Heart The SANE Helpcentre also support families who have gone through similar situations. Our team is around to support you today if you want some additional phone or webchat support from a counsellor or peer worker

Thinking of you | Thinking of you quotes, Thinking of you, Thinking of you  images

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance