Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

Hi @outlander ,

I'm sorry to hear the dinner party has stirred up some tricky feelings to manage and sit with, particularly SI and impulses to harm. It's so moving to see the wonderful amount of support and care you have received from our members in this thread today, and really shows that our whole community is here for you and cares very much for your safety and well-being.

It can be really challenging if you are still grappling with those feelings, so just a friendly reminder that you can as always give SCBS or Lifeline a call if these feelings are still coming up intensely for you or you just want to have a chat to someone, and of course 000 in case of emergencies.

Hoping you are feeling safe and well and wishing you all the best from myself also,

Otter

thank you @Otter
i know the helplines are here if/when i need them. ive also got a regular counsellor as well that i speak with weekly for support

@Sans911 how are you going? whats your day been like?

I've had a pj day today @outlander. I didn't have a shower until this afternoon as I thought the nurse was coming to do my dressings. They tried to come yesterday but I wasn't home. I told the nurse last Thursday that I would be out all day Saturday but she's forgotten to inform the office. This has happened before. So I now need to call the office if things change. Quite annoying. I guess though I have forgotten many things that needed doing in my nursing days.

I've listed lots of stuff to give away or sell, and people have been coming to collect. Gradually getting rid of unnecessary things.

My sister sent me a nice, caring message yesterday. It's nice to have her support, but I'm not impressed she's gone interstate to help out.

a pj day sounds good but abit annoying that the nurse didnt tell the office about saturday.
will they come tomorrow as usual?

i like having a clearout too. i dont mind advertising things but sometimes its frustrating when people stuff around, dont turn up or make excuses etc. you either want it or you dont 🤷‍♀️

im glad you have your sisters support too, but why has she gone interstate? is that to help your mother move house?

Sorry I got distracted & you didn't tag me @outlander!

Yes, I spoke to the office today, and they will be here tomorrow. It's not a big deal. I can manage the dressings myself. Quite often I have to show the nurse how the dressings are placed because it has to be done in a way that covers all the wounds.

My sister has gone interstate to help with the funeral arrangements of my mother's ex husband. The person I was talking about last week. My sister isn't his child, but his son (my biological brother) can't help out as he's interstate too and is working. Sorry if this is a bit convoluted and doesn't make sense. It's hard for me to say certain words or terms.

My mother lives in the same state as me, about 2 hours north. I've been helping her move.

My sister lives in Adelaide & my brother lives in the NT. I have another sister who lives in Melbourne but we don't talk to each other.

i know sorry i realised i didnt tag you when you come online 🤦‍♀️ @Sans911

no that all makes sense now, i just couldnt remember where the interstate part come in. ive got it now 👍

oh, i wouldnt have thought you would need to tell the nurses how to dress a wound properly. no ones perfect i suppose though...

do you have much to do tomorrow?

It's more to do with how to place the dressings @outlander. The left side has multiple wounds & the dressing needs folding in a certain way to cover them all. I pretty know exactly where the fold needs to be so more often than not, I show them. Same with the right. Needs placing at a certain angle to cover all wounds. Most patients with long term conditions know more about what works for them, and how things are done. Generally nurses are quite comfortable with being shown what is needed.

I have a zoom meeting in the morning about a mh project I'm still working on. Then I need to finish my paperwork, documents and training for my new job.

It's just started to rain here, and I love the smell of the fresh earth.

that is true @Sans911 we live with whatever the condition is so often know what works.

oh i do love the smell of rain too. i cant afford for it to rain here yet though it gets wayyyy to muddy lol.

sounds like a kind of chilled out day. have you heard much about when the job will start?

did you end up hearing back about the counselling service?

The manager is still going through an Ndis review for the client so a few more weeks yet. I'm not fussed.

No, not heard any more from the counselling service yet. They were going to talk with my mh case manager but haven't. I only know this because she called me on Friday, and hasn't heard from them. I see her Tuesday afternoon so maybe by then she know about it. There's almost no point now as I'm calming down about it all. I've deliberately avoided talking to my mother except in messages. That has helped. And the chat with my sister.

@outlander ❣️ ❣️
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance