Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Studying and being ND

When I was at trade school / tafe the counsellor told my teacher I had a “issues” so then the teacher would come and explain everything to me a second time and whisper really slow to me while standing over me like I was in primary school and pretty much tell me the answers i mean I passed but like I’m pretty sure everyone in that room thought I was cognitively 5 years old pretty isolating experience ngl I ate lunch alone every time I went there for 3 years

@ArraDreaming mm it's tough to know how much to reveal and to whom, there's a need for some trust/safety in being open to talking about these things with how stigmatised they are. If you don't want to actually say it's cos of ADHD or accessibility needs, you could also just say you've got some condition (like arthritis or something) that means you need to be able to get up and move around periodically?

@Jynx I like shiny things too. I have too many silk sleeping masks now, funny story on how it ended up that way. I legitimately thought one of the orders was never (and even took action) going to come so got some from somewhere else. It ended up coming in the mail 3 months after the order date. I love my matcha, I also like one of those relaxing teas too, but I already spent my money on matcha, so don’t know if it’s wise to splurge on another tea right now.

@ArraDreaming I totally get the fear of being treated differently. I haven’t told uni about my ND or Mh or the issues I’ve had with migraines. I get med cert for extensions but doc never specifies the condition

I dunno, I could say I have a sore back or something I guess

Whatever you need to do to get your needs met @ArraDreaming, sometimes we NDs gotta find workarounds. We shouldn't have to, cos we ought to be living in a society that caters to everyone's needs but we don't. You will find the way forward, even if it's enduring the monotony and restlessness tomorrow then making sure you have something planned for after where you can burn off all the excess energy - like jumping into the ocean or heading to the skate park or something. 

@creative_writer bahaha oh yeah been there! Have ended up with way too many of a stim toy once (and not even one I ended up liking, woops 😅). 

@ArraDreaming you can even say you don’t feel well, you don’t need to specify why.

@Jynx it’s wild how many I have. They won’t even respond to my emails, I don’t think I’ll be buying from them again

Yeah big yikes @creative_writer. Always a risk with online shopping hey! 

@ArraDreaming yep creative_writer is right, you don't have to justify your needs, you can just be super vague, you don't owe them your private info. 

Anyway you two, I'm off! Nighty night 😊💜

I just think I won’t go how they will even know

@Jynx on the plus side I did successfully get a refund since I legitimately thought it would never come and they were so non-responsive the entire time. Now, it has come, but I can't return it until they tell me their address. I hope you rested well last night ❤️ , feeling better this morning
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance