Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Studying and being ND

So it's not particularly relevant to you and is causing you a lot of disruption - I reckon skipping it is deffo worth considering @ArraDreaming. Is it compulsory, or something you'd end up having to complete still at a later date? 

it’s skmething i have to do @Jynx I guess I can’t just not go but I can also just miss my train oops

@Jynx the eyeshadows were lovely and glittery when I got them. I got them recently in the mail. I also got lots of containers so I can divide the loose mineral eyeshadow with my sister.

I think I need tea in order to feel calm. My brain is a mess without it 😞. It is also probably a built up of stimulation too.

@ArraDreaming the inner restlessness is so real. I stim subtly in public to cope. Do you have ways to cope with the restlessness?

@creative_writer I just get angry in my head cause that’s what it feels like when I can’t move around and get energy out my brain gets full and I get angry over it
In my head

@ArraDreaming it can be very frustrating. I wish I had the answer, I just find it easier to break it down, do self care-breaks, snacks, cuppas, relaxation exercises can help too. I think it’s really about finding what works for you

I just won’t go

@creative_writer nice one! Oooh I do like shiny things! Hope a nice cuppa does help. There's one I like called 'Sleepy Time' which goes pretty hard 😊

@ArraDreaming If it is something compulsory, as painful and annoying as it is it might be better to get it out of the way now. I know for myself, having something like that looming and then delaying it just prolongs the anxiety of the waiting. I would encourage you to let the teachers or organisers or whoever know about the fact that you have accessibility needs, which includes needing to be able to stand and move around a bit every now and then. Anxiety-provoking as it can be to advocate for your needs to be met, it can make a huge difference. 

I Get your sentiment but I won’t be telling them that

they will just treat me weirdly
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance