Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hey @TAB Apparently my UPS just has like 3 Car Batteries inside it any way (pretty much).

It's a heavy Black Box, with 3 Power points (in it) to plug in equipment (to run off it), plus a few USB points on it.

So I can charge my Mobile Phone off it, when there's no Mains Power.

It was like $500 back in 2020 for this UPS thingy.

All because of the NBN.

Used to be able to run old style phone plugged straight into the Phone Socket, during a Blackout.

The old Phone was the only thing you could still use, could make phone calls during a blackout.

Now you cannot, because NBN Phone must plug into Modem - cannot run straight off Phone Socket.

Modem needs Power or there's no Phone.

So UPS keeps Modem going for a few hours.

For some reason the Modem didn't work properly today (during Blackout), despite running off the UPS.

So I had no Landline Phone all day anyway - Lost it (wouldn't work).

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Doldip15 🤗💜

Sounds like youre really going through a battle of sorts, and I wanted to say its an honour to stand beside you and hold space and hope, along with you, that things will get better 🙂 xx

Thank you for posting about the realities of life, and how hard it is sometimes to come to terms with the changes that our bodies can go through - this is a full on process, for sure. Your honesty and positivity and hope whilst waiting for things to change is really commendable xx

Go gently and please do feel free to update how you are if you'd like to, when ready.

🙂 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Adge 🌺💜

I hope those resources are of use xx

Seems very much a response to you that does not align with best practice, from what I can see, and its totally understandable that it was a shock, and took time to process and recover xx I am so sorry. I really hope the links can be of practical use for you xx

Oh wow, that is a huge power outage timeframe, and such little notice to be able to prepare! There are service standards here, which may be useful..? 

I hope you have got the power back on now, and all is ok there for you xx

@oceangirl @Glisten  and all good evening.xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Shaz51 🙂 

I hope the scan went ok and was able to give some good info for the docs to review and let you know what's happening and how best to manage xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @PeppyPatti 🙂

I hope your day went well today xx 

I do understand regarding driving - I drive everywhere (these days mainly because crutches/walker is a bother in public transport of any sort) just to have the convenience 🙂

I love the balloons xx

Thanks @Former-Member , he has to have another scan tomorrow and blood tests 

He is stopping 2 of his meds today 

How are you going 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @SmilingGecko 🙂 

Yes the cold weather certainly can cause a bit of difficulty with sleep, isn't it! Im so glad the sleeping bag helped keep you snuggly warm in those really cold nights! And I think its a great idea to use the walking sleeping bag during the days when its in the proper winter days, that should keep you nice and warm 🙂 

Im thinking of getting my Lazy Patch sleeping bag onesie out for the days here... I m not a fan of open plan structures that mean heating or cooling vast volumes of space when youre not in all parts of the home at all times - I much prefer to be able to close a door and just heat/cool one room 🙂 

I hope your day went well, and youre having a nice evening 🙂 

@Former-MemberThank you for your resources & suggestions.

Hopefully when things settle ie I feels more functional - I will be able to take some action.

I have lost several nights of sleep over this (so far), which has impacted negatively on me.

No further response from the Neami Supervisor.

They have not given me any new Support Worker, & have left me without one.

Effectively I've been "Frozen out", that's how it seems to me.

I really did like their Mindfulness & Meditation Group Activity (on Mondays).

Yet as a result of their refusal to simply give me a new person to work with, & their denial that there was a problem - I am at this point not comfortable in continuing with attending that group, or with the organisation.

I'm still in shock, I'm afraid.

Adge

@Adge satellite phones are going to be useful when the grid goes down and theres no mobile phone transmissions. 

Learnt about satellite phones from preparedness sites in the USA. We have satellite phones in Australia.

They use different sound communication tech to mobile phones and they are good for blackouts and emergency situations.

Another thing I do is have a solar charger for my mobile phone and radio if the power goes down. It has a solar panel on it and I put it on my window sill to keep it charged up. It has ports to plug your devices in.

But its highly likely we will need satellite phones to keep in contact with people. All it takes is a country to knock out mobile phone transmissions and youre left without a phone.

Look up satellite phones! ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance