Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

agreed.  @SmilingGecko 

@TAB Yes its what I read on an ayurvedic book. Theres 3 categories of food - Tamasic (processed food) Rajastanic (rich indulgent foods) and Sattvic (Light vegan food) I'm somewhere between Rajastanic and Sattvic because I eat meat. But I think just slowly trying to eliminate processed food is the way. My book says you can only do this gradually over a period of time which allows your body to cope. Its what ayurvedic doctors have said. Your body has its own food footprint and its accustomed to only eating a certain way 

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.57.57 pm.pngScreenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.58.03 pm.pngScreenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.58.12 pm.png

Yes processed food not good @SmilingGecko  nap time here. Had flu shot couple hours ago. Not sure if related

It sounds like it’s getting cold inside and out for lots of you! Maybe I should be a little grateful to be in hospital as at least I can ask for a heat pack if someone nice comes along! 
reading your long post ADGE, I felt sad as I know what it feels like to have a support worker who doesn’t support you! I had one who tried to tell me I was Nursing Home material no matter what I did so there was no point unpacking my things and finding a place for them in new unit! She would throw it all out (take it) because that’s where it was headed anyway! And she actually did put some of my things in the bin! Took home bedside tables! Ate the lunches I prepared (on her list of tasks) and took at least 4 smoking breaks per shift leaving the butts for me to clean up! Told me Forgotten Australians should get over themselves, forget their PTSD and accept Nursing Home Care like everyone else! 
I spent hours sobbing after she left one day and asked the organisation to remove her and not send her back because if I said anything I would lose it altogether and could regret a total loss of control that would have done me more harm! They didn’t understand either but did get upset about her putting my things in the bin without my permission! 
it really hurts to be ignored on multiple levels and deliberately harmed emotionally by people who call themselves “support” and worse “friends”. 
I feel for you and I tread carefully ever since! 
I wish I didn’t need support ever! Except from the Forums!

love sharing here! 
@Doldip15 

@Adge  ^^^ re @Doldip15  s post

Hello @TAB back from a walk. How was your afternoon and stuff at the doctors?

Strained my back doing vacuuming the other day so decided not to go for a swing on the flying fox. But I have noticed one thing and that is my posture is a lot better after decompressing my spine doing the hangs. I'll just do them twice a week. Going by the exercise physiologist you don't want to do it too often. 

I've been dyeing my hair using sound frequencies. It looks like my hair is going from grey back to its original color going by a casual glance. Am so pleased as I can't step foot in a salon with my hair dye allergies. I thought it wouldn't work but it seems to be so far...too early to tell. Was sick of the mess dyeing my hair with henna/indigo. This is so much better.

I told @Meowmy about it, will have to get back to her. These salon dyes are carcinogenic truth be told. I was involved with Campaign for Safe Cosmetics years ago and the hair salons today are actually stuck in the 1950's chemical era. If you want a good dye thats safe Meowmy "Hair Print" I think its called is known to be safe and is recommended by allergists, healers and doctors.  Its a bit pricey - I can't afford so will stick with sound frequencies. But there are options if you are worried about what your skin is absorbing into your bloodstream. I have known one hairdresser and another beautician who got really ill on the products they were trained to use ❤️

sounds good re hanging @SmilingGecko  um am on the try not drinking thing again. , got sick cert to keep centerlink off my back, but gp starting to sound dubious about keeping giving them to me got letter from cardiologist, having echo thing next , not the stop heart procedure it seems

Thanks @TAB I hope you're okay.

I finally got my power back on this afternoon.

The "planned maintenance" (Power outage) meant my Landline Phone line wouldn't work (was gone) for most of the day - & couldn't use any necessary electrical equipment.

My Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)

wouldn't last long enough for this long Blackout.

It's okay for a few hours, but not all day from 7.30am

Adge

Hmm not good re power @Adge  could you back up a ups ..with a ups .. ? Just a thought. I haven't got anything. Ok a car battery thats still ok enough just old could get battery box to run usbs etc and got a high wattage power bank that can recharge laptop. Also got a new battery for laptop seems to work better than 4 yr old one., so with spare battery and power bank could prob run for like 12hours 

Hi @Doldip15 Thanks for your thoughts.

I had good reason to ask for a different Support Worker, to have someone I could actually work with.

Yet they refused, so basically I cannot continue with that organisation.

It was not for any physical assistance, just for "Working on Goals" (eg Community Access) - That's all they.

They don't offer any practical assistance whatsoever.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with that Support Worker.

The way that you were spoken to & treated by that person sounds unacceptable to me.

I'm sure that people on the Forums here would agree.

Any "Support" that leaves us feeling denigrated, patronised or intimidated - Is not a support at all, in fact I would say that it (or that person) is not healthy for us.

🙂

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance