Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: ~ The Toolshed ~

Aww yay glad you enjoyed @Glisten!!  

Ohhh yes @Jynx 👍😎

@Glisten , @PinkFlamingo , @tonys , @Appleblossom 

@Shaz51 😊🙏💜

Yeah…💜

thanks for sharing such a well summated quote @scruffypuffball 🙂

I’m repeatedly blown away by how the systems and structures we exist in are not conducive to health/wellbeing, but instead, the flow of a commodity named money…

My nana used to say that with the possession of abundant money comes the onus to use it well. She meant, to help others 🙂 

advocacy is alive and well though 🌺🙂💜

@PinkFlamingo @Glisten @PinkFlamingo @tonys @Appleblossom @StuF 

@toodles @tyme @creative_writer  @PizzaMondo @Bon_courage  @Ilovepenguins @MissLil  @Shaz51 @outlander @Judi9877 @wellwellwellnez @Zoe7  @Faith-and-Hope  @NatureLover  @nervouswreck @Captain24 @Bow @Glisten @scruffypuffball @Snowie @Flowerlove22 @Birdofparadise8 @Blackbird11 @fluffylight @SmilingGecko @_PixieSolstice_ 

Hey folks, hope you're having a whimsical Wednesday 😊 Been scrounging and found some gold for y'all!

zGurKg9.jpegTmyw95E.jpegvMBQrFr.jpegNcuepZG.jpegKvvOZPq.jpegIbHQcrc.jpeg9GzJ7Ew.jpeg

This last one is sooo important to me. Our brains are wired to focus on the negative, so taking pleasure in the little things is all the more important, in my experience. I love doing a happy dance when I'm eating something delicious, or making weird noises when I'm pottering around the house. I like jumping in puddles and stepping on crunchy leaves, and try to always appreciate the sun warming my back and the wind toussling my hair. The little things can make all the difference in the world 😌💜

Love them 💕 @Jynx 😁😇

Aww, @Jynx … 

🥹🙌🏻🌺💜

the jokes about building yourself up instead of knocking yourself… 

me and my siblings would naturally do this to build ourselves up when facing some things that little people shouldn’t experience - this is particularly important to me as a person, because part of my character is built on this exact mechanism of holding a part of yourself safe and valued - even if it is just in a tongue-in-cheek way - that nobody else can remove 🤗🌺

the pride in survival that this feeing gives is insurmountable, and rises like a phoenix from beneath ashes…

…but looks more like a PinkFlamingo! 😁🙌🏻🌺

🦩💜

@PinkFlamingo I love that this was instilled into your childhood! Totally an important skill to have - being so assured in your self-worth that it can be humorous! Love it 😊

@Jynx , @PinkFlamingo 

I agree that it is a very important skill to develop and my mum instilled in me that whatever you go through it will pass and to keep on keeping on 😍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance