Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

@creative_writer

i dont really think i have autism but im more curious about the sensory issues.
for example i struggle with loud and overcrowded places and also loud sudden noises or anything high pitched. sometimes i even get overwhelmed watching a movie on the big screen at cinemas.

i also get overwhelmed by certain foods as well especially when theres various textures, smell/scents

i also get overwhelmed by to many various noises and colours. watching a movie like trolls (the kids musical movie) is abit of a struggle when theres alot of colour everywhere and flashing lights and that sort thing.

is this something you experience as well?

@outlander, sounds pretty similar to me. There might also be other causes of sensory sensitivities apart from ASD. Have you ever looked into Highly Sensitive Person, maybe that would resonate with you?

i suffer from BPD which causes intense emotions so it could just be that-emotionals spiralling and my brain cant handle it

i also cant wear tshirts-only singlets and i cant wear jumpers only jackets. shirts and jumpers literally overwhelm me and i cant stay in them.

im speaking to my psychologist on wednesday via telehealth so i think i might mention it. its becoming more prominent and people are starting to notice around me as well so i think i need to try and work on ways to manage esp in my line of work.

im suppose to wear tshirts but i cant (my boss is ok with unreveiling singlets thank god) and clients are constantly loud as well so its overwhelming

@outlander, I think it would be worth discussing with your psych. BDP does cause intense emotions, so I would be surprised if the sensory sensitivities are related, but I don’t know enough about the link between the two to comment. I see my sensory sensitivities being related to ASD and being a Highly Sensitive Person. Being sensitive to clothing can be frustrating, I feel you. I don’t do well in certain fabrics, especially those itchy ones. I prefer breathable fabrics. Tags can be so be so annoying. I hope your psych can provide suggestions on managing these sensitivities

thank you @creative_writer
ill chat to her about the high sensitivities as well

How are you doing today @outlander?

having abit of a rough day @creative_writer

@outlander, I’m sorry. What’s been happening? 💖🫂

nothing really in particular @creative_writer just struggling with being at home all the time. reinds me how much i really dont want to do this caring role anymore and i want out of this house.
pop keeps making fun of thr way i talk and sound which doesnt help.

hopefully i can be back at work this weekend if im finally negative but i still have symptoms so i dont know if itll be this weekend.

im struggling alot with finances as well. i feel like im drowning in bills but i cant do anything about it just keep paying off debts.

@outlander, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate even when you’re unwell. I hope you do feel better soon 💖🫂. I feel like the cost of everything has spiked up and it is hard having to pay everything off. Sitting with you, hon
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance