Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Snowie  Sorry to read you had a rough day yesterday 😢

Did it help or not help that you were alone? 

@Snowie wrote:

I'm just worried all around. About the guidelines, if I say too much, the consequences, what I'm doing.

I feel for you dear @Snowie ...sending 💙 and wishes that your thoughts and urges will improve 🤞

Good morning @creative_writer @NatureLover 

No matter what you do today, I hope both of your days go well.

I like being alone so I can just be myself, I don't have to put on an act. But on the other hand it helps if someone else is around. It stops me from doing things.

Been up early this morning. Didn't sleep last night. Got about 10-15 minutes here and there but that's it. Energy running through my body. Done the ironing, washing, cleaned the bathroom and changed our sheets. Just waiting for the kids to get up so I can do the bedding. The whole house needs a vacuum so that might be next.

D going to work, S at a birthday party, hubby out fishing with a friend. The day is mine.

Have you got any plans for today @NatureLover?

Oh gosh, @Snowie ...I'm sorry about your extreme lack of sleep 😢 It sounds like a manic thing - do you have bipolar? 

I wish you could come to my place and do all those things! 

I'm just at home today but am needing to do a lot of housework. In other words, to face things I haven't faced all week 😣

@Snowie I find lack of sleep or no sleep triggers an adrenaline rush in me (enough to even trigger manic symptoms in me). I don't think it's unusual for individuals who don't have bipolar to feel a bit jittery after a lack a sleep or no sleep due to increases in adrenaline and cortisol in the body. I do hope you do allow yourself to slow down at times because the crash that comes after can be awful.

I'm doing okay right now, had my morning matcha mixed with ginger so feeling more relaxed and focused than I was earlier this morning. I just hope I can sustain it, particularly since I haven't been physically unwell, I have been rather snotty lately that my sensitive skin has been irritated from all the tissues

No I don't have bipolar @NatureLover 

Just got a lot of energy, can't sit still, mind racing.

Happy to come to your place once I've done mine. The kids bedrooms need to be cleaned too. They are typical teenagers and have crap everywhere. But not touching those rooms. If they want to live in a mess, then so be it.

But after today it should be clean!! I'm not the type that has stuff everywhere either. Everything has a place and has to be in that place. I like order. Totally different to my brain however!

It's hard keeping up with housework at times especially if you have no energy at all. Can feel like such a big task. I find that most of the time I just keep the parts clean where people would be if they visited. That way the house can look clean when it really isn't.

Good morning @creative_writer 

So nice to see you this morning.

Not sure what will happen, just get things done today. With everyone out it will keep me occupied.

It's hard when we have physical symptoms as well as our mental health to be concerned about. It does sound like you have really sensitive skin.

I hope you are able to get done what you need to today. One step at a time hon.

I have never tried ginger mixed in with a drink before.

Well I wish you could send me some of your excess energy @Snowie ! 😄

Does having the house neat and clean help your mind to feel more in order? Despite your chaotic thoughts?

I'm sure you would knock over my housework in half a day, by the sound of it - you sound like a gun cleaner. 

I do think having the house neat and clean help my mind. I guess at least one part of my life is in order. It is a part of my life that I can control @NatureLover 

But in saying that there are times where my house is a mess. I just don't have the energy to clean it. Thats when I normally run around just before hubby comes home to at least make it look like I have done something that day.  The only thing I do every day is clothes washing. When I have chaotic thoughts, all my energy goes to them, I have little energy to do anything else.

Well today no thoughts like that. But need to get up, can't sit still and I've only had one coffee!! Got energy running through my body. Am going to go vacuum now. Might try and mop the floors afterwards too. Shouldn't have to go out today so that's good.

Talk again soon 😁😁

I am the same @Snowie  - even on a day with no energy I still do one or two laundry washes. I know that sounds way too much for a single person, but my germophobia explains it. I wash all my clothes after going out in them just once. Plus all my cloth grocery bags after one use. Plus all the handtowels from washing my hands a hundred times a day. 

I'm happy that you sound positive and full of energy 🙂 and that you wrote:

@Snowie wrote:

Well today no thoughts like that.

🙂 Enjoy your cleaning!

@Snowieit is a bonus that cleaning can keep you distracted from the thoughts, and nothing wrong with it, just listen to what your body and mind wants 🙂

My skin is so sensitive and dry. My hair is also very dry. If I neglect moisturising, my hair and skin pay a heavy price, so it's just a normal part of my routine now. Ginger is amazing for congestion and is a natural pain reliever.

@NatureLoverbeing a germaphobe myself, I honestly hate when someone mixes home and outside clothes, it's gross. it's even worse when outside clothes are on the bed. I also hate outside shoes in the house, those are the worst. I let my laundry build up before I wash it, thankfully my machine is on the larger side. I honestly feel tempted to wash my winter coat to get rid of the germs because I've worn it quite a bit last year, but afraid it'll shrink, and I don't trust dry cleaners in cleaning my clothing

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance