Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

I hear you @Bow and so wish I could help you get through this intense emotional torment.

Sadly I have nothing. But I am worried about you and pray that you stay safe precious girl. Would you perhaps be able to talk to one of the @Former-Member via email? It may help.

Emelia 😔💔 👀👂

WIP
Senior Contributor

Hi @Bow 

I hear what you are saying and have also felt what you are saying.  I still have some of those a feelings rolling around in my mind &'they never seem to tire.
I can't fix them for you, or have many words of wisdom and I'm still searching for those myself. Perhaps a friendly ear from someone who totally 'gets' everything you are saying.

Can you go a play a game with your daughter to distract yourself from your thoughts. Or a chat with one of the moderators - just someone to listen.

Hugs xx

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Emelia8 @WIP 

I'm trying to distract. Trying to use strategies my psychologist has given, they often just don't help, they don't halt the spiral. feel so defeated. I'm tired. It all feels all consuming.

WIP
Senior Contributor

I know @Bow if I have another psychologist spend a session on 'breathing and grounding', I think I'd snap at the therapist.

I recall you like painting - are you in a position to do that?

or if you are still down the coast, have a fun run into the water, just enough to makes

splashes around the base of your shorts/skirt - your daughter would love that.

or, go for a quiet walk by yourself and try to calm the consuming feelings.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm there with you......unless you'd prefer me to bugger off, I won't be offended. x

Bow
Senior Contributor

It's too hot to do anything really. Locked up in my room with the AC on. I want to sleep, sink deep into a nothingness of no return

Bow
Senior Contributor

Sorry @WIP 😞 you don't need this. My thoughts are ravaging, I need to go do something.

Hey @Bow

I am sorry to hear things are really difficult now and I hope that the support of your lovely peers here can provide some comfort for you today.

If you feel you need some extra support, please do not hesitate to phone a crisis service such as Lifeline (13 11 14), Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467), or 000 if it is an emergency.

Of course, you are most welcome to contact the SANE Help Centre during the week, too. 

Sitting with you in this feeling and beleiving in your ability to get through it - You are stronger than you know.

Take care of yourself Heart

Peregrinefalcon

WIP
Senior Contributor

No apology needed or accepted.

Same here, Levi and I are flaked out on a couch

each, enjoying the A/C. I don't have it in my bedroom, only a fan. Don't know that it's up to its task tonight!

I can understand your thoughts are raging.

but they are just that -thoughts!!  I didn't really get

that concept until I phoned my DBT instructor about my damaged face and missing thsi

weeks class.'I was upset during the call and she reminded me to keep the negative thoughts at bay, best I can that is. They are just thoughts, they come & go. Just like grateful thoughts. I know it's so challenging when you're in the emotional place you are in atm, but think of one or two things you're grateful to have in your life. It might help 🤞

Bow
Senior Contributor

@WIP My psychologist gave me a new strategy to try on Tuesday about my thoughts. Helping me to notice when I'm having them and that they are unhelpful and what to do with them. I didn't get to it in time today, too late. 
thanks @Peregrinefalcon helplines aren't overly helpful 

WIP
Senior Contributor

I agree helplines are a bit hit & miss @Bow 

my new psychologist understood my view and recommended that I chose SCBS first. They are trained councillors and keep your first name and postcode on file for if you call again. There's a lot of good doer volunteers on LL.

Other members here have been very positive in their feedback of SANE helpline. I have tried them a few times, but ina sobbing/uncontrollable state, where someone In the room with me was needed. Still, I value them and the help they offer.

How are you going now? Are you still up the coast or back home?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance