Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hey @Captain24 ,

What's been happening today to bring all these thoughts? I'm here if you need a chat.

T/W: CA

Hey @tyme 

I was doing ok but when I went for a walk with my parents something happened and triggered a memory from my childhood. 

Can you put this in a spoiler box please? I can do it from my phone. 

Content/trigger warning
One night I was sitting by the fire and dad came into the lounge room. The result was a dislocated thumb. Mum just pulled it back in and no one ever knew about it. I can’t believe that I forgot it. 

I deserved it. My brother and I were arguing. So I guess it was my fault. 

It must be so hard sitting with all these memories and thoughts. Is there something you can do to distract yourself? @Captain24 

I’ve tried distraction and it’s just not working. Diamond art. Music. Dancing. Watching tv. I haven’t tried Lego but that’s what we were arguing over. No screaming no physical fighting just arguing. @tyme 

I keep seeing. I keep feeling. I want to bury it again. 

I'm hearing how hard it is for you @Captain24 .

Please know I'm sitting with you.

I’m not ok @tyme. I have taken my meds

Hugs @Captain24 .

I'm sorry it is terribly hard tonight. It sounds like re living these past experiences is really upsetting. I see that you've tried distraction already.

Being in the thick of it can be hard in terms of utilising strategies. When you in the clinic, did they go through strats that you 'could' use when feeling this way?

Biggest thing was grounding or mindfulness @tyme.

Im not big into mindfulness so I have to try grounding. 

Will Jett and Pix help with the grounding @Captain24 ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance