Skip to main content

Re: Good Morning!

Dear @StanD 

Okay your message was very nice to read and thankyou. 

Poor @saturnzoon dealing with her youngest son. I have a lot of ..........

Shame

remembering the times with my sons and how absolutely broke I was. 

Today, I wish I could send them money but I need to wait for them both to come back in my life. Also ..... What money ? 

It's also tough to be mindful that there are  people worse  off than me. Ide love to sit here and spurt out my difficulties but

In writing this - I am also mindful that right now, today @saturnzoon is struggling.

My heart is with you Saturnzoon. Budgeting on nothing and with children is very hard. 

Thanks for your suggestions. 

The person I listen on audible is Dr James Doty. I get him. He ....  Writes and lectures about being openhearted and compassionate. He actually is a neurologist but teaches compassion at Stanford University. 

Anyways it's a very short video from two favourite people I like both listening to and reading...

https://youtu.be/WiAXbZmA2dU?si=cUsJUMnJurOuJfZO

This is a short excerpt. You can view the whole interview as a SAND supporter at https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/video/a-neurosurgeon-talks-of-vulnerability In this interview from his 2019 retreat, Gabor Maté talks to Stanford neurosurgeon Jim Doty about two formative experiences mentioned in
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing @PeppyPatti 🌺💜

a great video 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks heaps @creative_writer 💜🌺🤗

you’re so kind and sweet and caring - I really appreciate your kindness when I’m not doing so well, and I want to say that I really appreciate it so much 💜🌺🙂

how are you doing today? 
I hope things are within a good place for you, and you’re feeling ok 💜💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @PeppyPatti 🌺🙂

thanks for sharing this - it’s really nice of you to take the time to pop these interesting bits of info for us to find 💜🙂🌺

I hope you’re doing ok, and your day is going well 🤗

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks so much @lavenderhaze 🌺💜🫂

really appreciate your kind and gentle words and empathy 🙂

and also that I do ok as a Peer Guide…that really means a lot 🥲 

Being a Peer Guide volunteer here is a boost to everything about what it means to me to recover, and the opportunity means so much to me 🙂🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Snowie 🌺🙂

thank you so much for your understanding and kindness, and for sharing empathy… that must’ve been challenging for your dad; ventilation is so critical to safety 💜

And I just wanna say how grateful I am for your kind words regarding being a peer guide… you’ve really brought a big smile and that light feeling that comes with it 🙂🌺

I hope you’re doing ok today, and the day is going well 💜

@StanD , tag me if you start a book thread xx

Hello @Former-Member , @PeppyPatti. , @TAB , @StuF , @creative_writer , @MDT 

Hello @Former-Member I have been locked out of the forums for a while, possibly banned or gremlins in the system but still have been following along with what has been going on for you. I read your predicament regarding your ventilator and was really sorry that this has happened to you.  You have such a presence on these forums it just did not seem fair what was going on. You add so much value here. 

I wondered if you could access a philanthropic trust through a social worker? Last time I went to a library they had a book manual with lots of Australian philanthropic trusts you could borrow.  FYI I accessed a trust over 30 years ago to buy essential goods and thought maybe a social worker could facilitate this for you in this instance?

I know it all seems overwhelming and I realise you are fighting the good fight. You are so deserving, more than most. Just thought I would mention. But I really missed you being locked out of these forums. Wanted to say I appreciate you so much xxoo I know you must be finding it awfully hard but it seems like you need much needed support of some kind. I wish I could do more than just throw around suggestions but its all I can do.

Sending you my love

SmilingGecko 🦎

I love the idea of a book reading thread @StanD  and sounds like it will be pretty popular with a lot of us

@PeppyPatti thank you so much, the videos were good

Hope we all have a better night with a lot of us struggling today 

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @TAB @StuF 

back to bed soon here @saturnzoon  i got an email from mo der ator 'welcoming' me to sane (only been here 8 years) and telling me I was in 'brea ch' of r ules  for posting pic of 4 people with faces blacked out. icing on the cake of my day , someone wanting to play 'cop' .. lolo