Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Good work getting your 4th dose @Shaz51 

I saw on the news an hour or so ago, they are starting to roll out monkeypox vaccines now.

It's great for health prevention, but my head is saying it's all becoming too much!

Yes I have experienced the brain zaps Mr Shaz is having. They are awful. Only with some ad meds. It literally feels like an electric current going through your brain.

When I was a little more reckless! I used to quit ad cold turkey. The zaps would be bad for a few weeks & then dissipate over time. Occasionally I would get one randomly, months later.

I'm sorry @Shaz51 I'm not caught up with how your mum is. 

I have noticed other members wishing you well.

You don't have to explain it all again to me.

Keeping you in my heart, & if you ever want chat, I'm here.

I feel for Mr Shaz. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful @Shaz51 

I need to change my AD. They have been the best for my depression, however I get the horrible side effect of lock jaw. Each morning I wake up with jaw pain. Most of the popular ones have this side effect for me. It's becoming a deal breaker.

My previous AD helped my anxiety, but not my depression. I gained 10kgs. After 2 years I decided to stop. The withdrawals were the worst I ever had. It took me 6 months to stop completely.

I don't know what to do.

The side effects of reducing or stopping are exhausting. 

There is a new (to Aus) AD med I am interested in suggested by my dr. It sounds positive. Most effective, least side effects. Unfortunately the cost is $60 per month!!

There are no generics yet. Similar med available under different brands. I don't know if it would be as good though?!

I'm contemplating paying $60, I feel that desperate. I probably can't  afford it.

Hopefully I have not broken any rules @moderator 

Sorry to go on about my problems @Shaz51 ! 

Be well xx

Hi @maddison 

AD and medications are personal choices and decisions are best made with your doctor. It's great that you are considering your options and are ready for change.

I hope you feel comfortable moving forward to share your thoughts with the peer community here on the Forums.

Take care!

RiverSeal 😊

Thank you @maddison , no need to be sorry my sister xxx 

Thank you @RiverSeal xx yes my husband has been decreasing his anti depression medication and is now experiencing brain spasms which he is a bit worried about  xx

Hey @Shaz51 

It's good to talk with your doctor and keep them informed about the side effects of coming off medications. They might have some recommendations and keep track of your husband's changes.

I hope you and your husband take care!

Regards,

RiverSeal

We're all more governed by our subconscious than governing it, and we can all sit there tying ourselves in futile knots watching our words and thoughts, or we can get on with life and forgive ourselves when something we do or say accidentally hurts somebody. We're going to be accidentally hurt by people, sometimes we'll be hurt by them on purpose, and we'll live, and so will they.

There is a place for considering our actions and words, but it's a very defined place that isn't everywhere. We can change the politics of our society, people's awareness of issues, even in our personal lives but we'll never change the fact we hurt each other and sometimes even maim each other. Aung Sang Su Chi once said "We fight for peace, not because we'll get it, but because that's the way to cope with not having it."

My brother, Bruno, used to say "You can watch your words and actions till the cows come home, and all you'll see is the cows coming home."

Thanks for the insights @Abner  good for thought.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance