Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Good morning @Gemma13 aka the Bookkeeper & @tonys I woke up this morning, the happiest I’ve been in a long time.

Can’t wipe the smile off my face tbh 😊

@Gemma13 the way @tonys writes about you with such respect and adoration, it makes my heart glow.

Your relationship with each other, gives me faith in humanity.

@Gemma13   I am very grateful and happy that you are here and part of the SANE Forum, it’s the best birthday gift I never expected to have.

In gratitude G

Yes @Historylover I don't know how I'd be driving a car nowadays and I understand your situation having been off the road for so long.  I used to be a confident driver but getting older and having been ill has possibly has changed all that.

But its good you are getting out and about. Its getting you out of the house which can be a bit of a trap if you live alone like we do. I'm also pleased the depot is not affecting your health a vitality. They say meds affect people differently but I knew a couple of folks from rehab on the depot and they had the same experience as me. You may be lucky. But it was 8 years of hell on that medicine. That is a thing of the past though, I am no longer bearing the weight of medicine side effects. Anyway its great that things are moving forwards a bit for you now a bit. I'm happy its turned out well for you

I do like cooking. I'm preparing bone broth today as well as baking bread and making sweet potato bites for treats. I have to do everything from scratch to keep it all healthy. Well I might get going for now. Got to bake some bread this morning. I hope you are enjoying the weekend. I had to get out my thermal walking sleeping bag and get around in that. Its been a good investment. Was worried the power grid would go out and have no way to keep warm over winter. Its great for cozy mobility. I think the prices have all gone up I was able to get in last summer when they had a sellout with first buyers discount plus seasonal discount. But it was worth every penny. @Former-Member gets around in one too. Hers is a bit different to mine. A camping store thingamajig. Shes been making modifications to it as well as making funky warm things to get rid of the cold.

Have a good day HistoryLover! 🙂 

No point in living in misery @MDT  change job or change attitude? Talked to anyone about it ? Get a plan

I joined an activity group last year, @Glisten, and chose carpet bowls from the vast list of activities on offer to start off. Nothing too vigorous, but social, which was what I needed. I then added tennis, then table tennis and now badminton also. So I am busy four days a week and having the time of my life at the moment. Actually, my favourite sport is squash, but unfortunately it wasn't on offer. At the moment, I am enjoying table tennis the most. Probably because it is faster, like squash, although they all get faster as we improve.

Oh my stars @Historylover you must have very good hand-eye coordination. Great for the brain 🧠!

Using a racket is one of my few limitations. But I can do other things.

I hope the weather where you are is kind to you.

Here in the West winds are gusting 💨🌬️ and showers are persisting. West Australians are generally surprised by water falling from the sky. We have it so infrequently 🙃 @ENKELI @Oaktree @Adge @Bill16 

How we all fairing the weather?

G

I'm actually trying to keep up with an 82-year-old who also plays 10-pin bowls. She's got more up-and-go than me! She also plays mahjong for mental stimulation. Then there's the 89-year-old who runs rings around me on the tennis court. 😟 I'm witness to those ageing well, @Glisten. I always thought age was all in the mind, but some of these older folk have amazed even me. Guess I'll have to pick up my game!

I learned recently that I am sporty but not musical. Just have to make the most of what we have, I guess.

Weather has got into gear for the chilly wintry weather here in Melbourne. Showers all day today.

@Historylover  I hear what you’re saying. Nothing better and worse than running until you’re pink in the face, and someone 25 years older than you, overtakes and says “keep going!” 🤣

Hahaha

@Glisten morning!

I enjoy this weather on weekends when I can snuggle under the blankeys with a book. I don't enjoy having to drive through torrential downpours like last week though lol!

I'm feeling a bit discombobulated after a disturbing dream but I'm sure once I get up and about I'll feel better.

What are you doing today? I'm consciously not watching the game, everytime I've watched a Dockers game they've lost so I don't want to jinx it tee hee hee 😁

Good to hear you are doing so well @Historylover 

@PeppyPatti hullo hullo gorgeous 

the church…. Sent me back to my 20s….lol

thanks @TAB 

@tonys @Gemma13 Lovely to meet you.  Glad Tony’s in his own special flavour of bliss… while coping with a lot….inspiring 

@Doldip15 @SmilingGecko @Glisten and all….

@ENKELI  I love, love, love the word discombobulated. ❤️

Disturbing dreams are good, subconscious is having a clean out 🧹🧽 

I am going to watch Life on Mars S2 E3

while in the same 

Big hugs

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance