Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hey @NatureLover ,

I'm glad to hear that the volunteering gives you a sense of accomplishment. That's what's important. As long and it drives you to keep going, it's worth it.

As for the heat, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. But I'm pretty chill because I'm just at home, and will jump into the pool later today. 

My sister wanted to go out for the long weekend, but I said I'm just staying at home. I told her I could get a treat (takeaway) for the kids, instead of going out in 40 degree heat.

Hi @tyme , thanks so much for popping in! I'm glad you have a pool to jump into 🙂

I'm late online today as I wanted to do the watering of the garden early (I'm in Melbourne too). So now I'm under the aircon which is nice. At least we still have power for now...

I agree about not going out in 40 degree heat!

Hi @Dimity , hoping you're OK in the heat today in Melbourne. And your garden too. 

Missing you and hoping you're coping OK... ❤️

@NatureLover ,

Beating the heat here. Spent most of the evening in the pool last night and this morning. It was lovely in the water. I think I would've slept in the water lol.

What did you get up to today @NatureLover ? Hope you are well.

@tyme wrote:

Spent most of the evening in the pool last night and this morning. It was lovely in the water. I think I would've slept in the water lol.

You made this sound really lovely @tyme 🙂

I stayed at home yesterday. Am mostly OK thanks. Struggling with the house as usual.

Hope you have a good week...

Hi @Dimity ...I hope the break from the forums is doing you good. Sending ❤️

Hi @creative_writer , I saw on another thread that you're a Germophobe! I didn't know! So am I. If you want to talk about it, I am here on this thread... 🙂

@NatureLover, it’s how my family is. I ended up with hand irritation, don’t know if it’s excessive washing or rubbing. I take way too long washing hands, and have been like this even before COVID. Though COVID certainly didn’t help

Your whole family is germophobic @creative_writer ? Oh gosh. It would be hard to avoid, growing up like that. 

Yes, washing your hands raw sucks 😢

@NatureLover I was doing a lot of hand rubbing-stimming yesterday at uni due to anxiety which isn’t good for flakiness. We try to get moisturising hand washes and body washes since we are all cautious. My dad tells me to stop washing my hands so much. Though, I would probably say my dad is more on the germaphobic side too, but not as bad. His habits changed after he married my mum. My mums side of family have a lot of anxious habits and there is quite a bit of depression and a bit of bipolar.

We separate outside clothes from home clothes. The idea of going into bed with clothes I wore on public transport and uni makes me gag
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance