Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

hello @Former-Member xx

im not to sure about hints but i hope you guys dont mind me following this thrad- its a very good idea

hello @Lexxy17 and welcome Smiley Happy

this is one thread with hints and tips but you are very welcome to start a new thread which is a great idea

You are very welcome @outlander xx

Thanks @Shaz51

@Deadrock, @Starry72, @workthisout, @cappy, @Loulou83, @MyLilOne, @Barbara, @Dizzylizzy, @suzyQ, @Sharonm, @KeepDancing, @passivebynature, @Emmelle, @Jane1

how is everyone today and what tips and hints have been helful to you

Having a good day. My tips - don't immediately offer soutions for your BDP teen. It works better to listen and show empathy in the moment. We always re-visit these situations but not always when the behaviour is occuring. My daughter can't cope with the problem and me offering a solution at the same time, it's just too much. Stay safe everyone x

Thanks @suzyQ ..... while my teen doesn't have BPD, thinking about it, I think that advice is true for perfectionist traits as well.

💐🐬

Hello @suzyQ , one step at a time my friend HeartHeart

@Shaz51 we are currently away for a week in Queensland a while I was looking forward to a break I realise it is fraught with issues due to inconsistency and new possible triggers. After an appointments with C's psychiatrist Thursday we are investigating a new treatment called DBT. Very interested to know if anyone else has gone down this path of treatment.
I don't really have any tips except be open to exploring new options. And a simple tip but so impactful is sleep...a good nights sleep works wonders for everyone but especially for someone with a MI.

Hello @Sharonm xx

investigating a new treatment called DBT. Very interested to know if anyone else has gone down this path of treatment.--- you can open a new disscusion thread , There are others who have been through them

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance