Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Thankyou @Shaz51 @RiverSeal 

I appreciate the encouragement to share & also to move forward.

You are lovely @Shaz51 

@NatureLover  thanks for doing all that .. and hope you are feeling better now.    yes i dumped that theory saturday because it took me over an hour to send one to sophee and another hour to send one to maddison.   so it didnt time out that night.  most  posts take me a long time because i have huge fruit pickers  hands  and they ache at night,  couple that with a slow mind, and im constanly rereading the letter i recieved,  and rethinking my response.   you get the picture....  so i sent a big letter to maddison on sunday ,  at 12 midnight,  got the invalid message again.  i tried to send it anyway,  and madisson tells me she got nothing today.?..    worst of all though,  some one i sent a letter to, only got half of  it !,  for me thats not a safe way to communicate..    now to be clear,  not blaming any one ,  i got no answer from sane and its coming from there site so i guess they simply dont know.   plenty goes wrong on my farm that i cant explain,  thats life .... but it must be said that im just chasing cars here and to continue runs the risk of making me a serial complainer.  im happy and want to stay that way.   i have enjoyed making a few people laugh and am grateful for all ive learnt.  i have my u tube music going every chance i get so thanks again...   one   member that responded did tell me they had the same problems i had, so i know theres an intermittent  ghost in the system ...   next trip i take to the big smoke,  i  will chat with a computor guy i know there. if you ever get a chance try your test again.  try around midnight and run it for a bit over an hour... could be the system reboots at midnight...   forget i said that.... take care and bless you all..   tonys at moon base  one

I'm not trying to bring anyone's mood down, but I will say this - When I first moved to Sydney, for a few years everything I said and did someone found offensive or someone was angry and willing to let me in Ave it about it. I got to the stage where I couldn't do anything without someone attacking me I felt paralysed, and I spent a year in a paralysed depression. I had to learn to say "So what?"

@NatureLover   was in a big hurry with last post,   so i had a better read of your post to me ..  i should have said , i hope you are  'coping'  better,,   i forget how many genuine problems people have out there...  worlds a train wreck and .....  well just thanks for going above and beyond the call of duty to do all that for me ..  make sure you you look after you too..    tonys'

@maddison   hi maddison ...  well you are such a trooper that i usually try to put extra effort into my letters to you..   last nights i thought was my best work and im so sorry it didnt go.   i was reading it with a warm feeling,  fixing all my spelling mistakes and then... arrrrrrrr,  ..... that invalid thing in bold orrange on my screen again ,,   waited about 5 minutes  in the hope it would go away.... no joy ...  so i had to hit post  and i guess all my ice castles, fluffy fantasies and coloured bubbles disappeared.....   sent a post to nature lover which sums up the terrain i currently find myself deployed in..    im going to go to the big city and talk to the man..  hes the guy you get to hack the Chinese,  the  computor nerd supreme,..   didnt get a response from sane forums,  but thats good...  i did say i didnt want a response unless they had a solid solution,   i  guess they just dont know.    thats cool .   in my next life ill have all the answers too.  and i do get how busy they are,   i need to stop chasing cars  like my silly pooch till i get it sorted so ill pop in for a read now and  and save my poems for my donkey,  hes got the softest winter coat now, and if i got apples he still loves me...   you take good care of your self maddison....  your a kind and wise soul...  bunch of sun flowers from moon base one.  

@maddison wow ,  i just sent a post to you but it nearly didnt go.  to describe my dog i used the  word (  now i will have to spell it backwords or this one wont send)     "tum"   so i went with pooch.  apparently   " tum"  puts you on the f.b.i,  most wanted list,  so then i went with pooch, Swamp thing , my dog,  will definatley take offence,     he thinks poodles are marshmallows..   that transgression fixed, i hit the post button again,  and  ahh yes. . ... my old friend,  mr invalid in his garish orrange jacket. . . . i would have almost been disappointed if he wasnt there to taunt me ...  fat finger trembling over the post button,  tremors,  cold sweet dripping of my face...  3...2....1.... post ..  it went ... it  went .. i hope you are laughing .. i am.. its all you can do.   if learnt something about my self    i must be into pain because here i am tempting this  remorseless beast with another post.....  if its not a night mare it will do till the real one gets here..  tomorrow its off to helgas house of pain for some light relief.  all jokes aside,  have a top day tomorrow.  tonys    m b 1

Hi @tonys , 2 letters from you, that's a treat! Thank you for your kind care regarding my not coping. 

I'm sorry you are still having tech problems, I really wish they would go away for you! 😞

Sorry your hands ache...that would be hard. 

Your letter made it sounds like you were about to leave the forums...I really hope not, you are a bright light on the forums here - it's always a pleasure to read your posts. 

@tonys wrote:

if you ever get a chance try your test again.  try around midnight and run it for a bit over an hour... could be the system reboots at midnight...   forget i said that....

Can't do that sorry...I can't function after 9pm! Start getting asthma attacks and throwing up if I stay up any longer than 9. But on the flip side, I function best first thing in the morning, that's why I come on the forums early in the morning. 

Thanks again for your kind wishes to take care of myself. I feel much better this week. 

I hope you are also doing OK. 

@tonys wrote:

im happy and want to stay that way.   

I agree, it's important to stay happy if possible...If you need to leave you need to leave...but I hope it won't come to that. 

Hi @Steven78 

I just want to say thank you for letting me post about that episode back in the early 1990s, I've never had any opportunity to talk about that before and it was good to finally be able to do so and say what I said.

@Abner  very well said, and hope you are very well...  just a quick thought....    autism ,   brain injury,,,        ive spent every day of my life driving down the wrong side of the road,  accidents,  wreckage,   its and inevitable part of our crawl to the finish line.   at the site of each  head on smash , we rely on the understanding of others,   which understandably is in short supply .  i wouldnt worry what people think about your words abner.  people are inherently selfish.  if  finding fault in one little slip or misuse  words lets them ride a bigger horse,   one day they will fall a bit further than you..  tollerance.. we dont all have the same education I.Q.  ,  brady bunch familly back round .    most of my teen years were on the streets selling pieces of my soul one shard at a time..  pardon me if i dont have silver ware communication skills 24/7...   i practice social masking every day... and still find social isolation far safer for me and those around me.  but  give n take  , humour , and  the odd scrap of kindness from a stranger....   onward  .... march...   take care mate.   gone for a few weeks ... yours with the best intentions mate   tonys    moon base one

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance