Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: What 2020 was and what I want from 2021

Well hope you find something @Adge and yes I was working for ah's but it's my choice so its also an excuse when leaving

I hit my savings goal

Its good

I may reward myself with 1 months off. I'll see how I go.

Already an argument has started this morning because we have 1 mode of transport. Apparently its too difficult for people to accept that I've got stuff to deal with as well.

@Judi9877 @Shaz51 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy   @frog  @Angels333 @Owlunar @Former-Member @Jacques @Maggie @Eve7 @BPDSurvivor @oceangirl @WIP @Schitzo @Emelia8 @Clawde

That's really good with savings @Flying_Hams  , month off work might put a big hole in it though ?

perhaps help contribute to a plan to get other car functional .....

Hi @Clawde got down to 2 litres coke last week beats 10 ha ha lol

Well Im on jobseeker when not working @Adge I stay registered as casual . Still $880 pf or something I got and advance so paying that back yes goes back to 280 in march ok thats with $140 rent relief sorry

Mine already went down to $360 per week (from $400 per week) @TAB A few weeks ago.

Already going into debt (arrears) - as that does not meet my expenses.

Adge

Okay. @Adge Sorry for trying to tell you whats what lol.
I have work soon , depending on outcome of medical/physical.
Hope you get something that works soon. Am re-jigging TTR ok super, google it. Not enough to retire on so best get it now before am too old to do anything lol

That makes sense @TAB Good on you for doing forward-planning.

I need to do some (lots)....

Adge

Thanks @Adge me too am going forward glacially but with doubt, other plans etc re considerations for me , work and age . Oh Well.

Left this lying elsewhere on the internet

" <><> my old friend! It's so good to see you. I was wondering when you'd make an appearance. It seems so long ago since I last contacted you, but hey here we are already in late Jan 2021. What a world aye?

Thank you for your words of support - they mean a lot and I don't say that lightly.

Yes it is time to move on. Last Wednesday was the last straw. I came close to extending my hours but realised and asked myself - "Why should I have to put up with more of this bs?"

Like I said before, I was never interested in this or passionate. But hey two days ago I reached a savings goal. I was slightly over that goal by only 15 bucks lol. But the point is that I made the goal happen. I was thinking of taking a month off to apply for other things and live well within my means. I could probably even chuck some into a new savings account. who knows and more importantly who cares - its money and the lure of it is nothing to me anymore.

I have checked out rebrickable - where people design their own creations and upload them with an instruction manual. It's super creative. I was thinking of ordering a mini maserati and making it. But for now I will finish off the mosaic and ensure that I get them done or else they will sit here gathering dust

In terms of something totally new? Somewhat. Golf. I went to the driving range a few weeks ago duroing the break and hit them reasonably well. I am aiming at getting back into that. Will wait and see though

In terms of getting outdoors - its hard for me because I find it hard to go places on my own. I've organised a few meetups in my city at the beach and that went okay. Was thinking of maybe doing some more. I am finding that quality over quantity when it comes to friends is more important now anyway. My social circle has gotten smaller. So I want to be able to stop that getting smaller. It's hard though. Very hard.

I hope you are around soon. I have missed chatting and catching up.

I'll be around here more thees days too as I find it cathartic to come back here and chat to newbies and old favourites. I'm finding it hard with the covid stuff and also just generally as I have seen friends take up recreational drug use and party culture to the max which is just something I won't do and find dull and tedious. I've gotten into Dungeons and Dragons - expecting that to take off soon with some friends - the set up is a bit of a drain but that's the hard part over.

See ya soon 🙂

@Judi9877 @Shaz51 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy @frog @Angels333 @Owlunar @Former-Member @Jacques @Maggie @Eve7 @BPDSurvivor @oceangirl @WIP @Schitzo @Emelia8 @Clawde
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance