Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Thread: Songs you love.

Hey @Powderfinger Im really liking pop songs by Marshmello at the moment but do like Amy Winehouse songs too also songs that have a lot of feeling,stories ect in the wordsHeart

Hey @LostAngel.

Not heard of Marshmello. I'll check.them out. 

Lana Del Rey is great for the type of music you mentioned. No Aphrodisiac by The Whitlsms is good too. 

Sometimes, songs can have that affect @Powderfinger. Music is powerful! With Storms in particular, I wonder if it might be for the same sorts of reasons it's also uplifting? That reminder that 'you're gonna be fine' for example- I know that gets me sometimes, but it's also why I listen to it, to have that 'it'll be ok' when it might not feel like it.

I hadn't thought of listening to storm sounds, but if I need something to listen to to help me drift off, it's generally music with a mellow vibe like Darren. 

Ooh. Uptown Funk is a good one! Such fun, great to sing along to and/or have a bit of a dance if you're in the mood! 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@greenpea ooh 2 years ago I saw Jet live for their 15th anniversary tour of "Get Born" - it was so much fun!!!

@Powderfinger Here are some more favourites of mine 🙂

@Former-Member 

Did not know Koreans could rap, but I did not like it. I have never heard of WAXX but I liked their version of the Basemement Jaxx Good Luck song. I did like Def-Tones song but not heard of them before, bought a few other bands I don't mind to my mind.  Thanks for introducing me to new music.  

One I am listening to a bit of these last 24 hours. I also like her as a person. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmGe-LY5HQs

Another person I love and a song I am listening to a bit of now as well. Still waiting to find out if she is gay. I would date her. Pffft as if I would ever get the chance. I do love her music anyway. 

Another one. 

Tash Sultana - Cigarettes (Live Studio Loop) - YouTube

TONES AND I - FLY AWAY (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Former-Member
Not applicable

I didn't know the second 2 songs/artists you shared- thank you for introducing me to some nice new music! 😊

I looked up Tash Sultana and found out that they're non-binary (like me) which is awesome! 😄 🌈

This one's super catchy and always makes me want to dance

This is a group I love from Australia - the singer is also non-binary!

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Powderfinger I came across this the other day which I love Heart By Stan Walker and Isaiah Firebrace

Oh my goodness! I love Crowded House- it was always big in my house/ family growing up! I hadn't heard this version of Don't Dream It's Over though- thanks for sharing @Former-Member! 

@greenpea @Powderfinger @LostAngel @TideisTurning @Former-Member @Anastasia What music have you been listening to lately?

I'm a bit late to this discussion but thought I'd add one of my favourite songs by Tracy Chapman- Give me one reason

@Daisydreamer  Love Tracey Chapman one of my favourite songs of her's is the classic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIOAlaACuv4

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance