Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

AngelB
Contributor

Coping daily advice

Hi, I have suffered with a psychotic disorder for the past 12years and basically have it under control with meds. I do have episodes and relapses every couple of months. Yesterday, the psychiatrist diagnosed OCD and depression and more meds. I feel worthless and so angry at myself. Just after any coping advice or tips to get through on a day to day basis.  I thought i was a happy person but feel disheartened because it takes a lot of effort to feel normal. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Coping daily advice

@AngelB  Hi AngelB and welcome. I know you would have heard most of this but sleep and exercise are really important. I am a mess at the moment as I am having too much sleep and not enough exercise.  Being out and about is also good talking with people whilt you are on a walk is good socializing. Just saying 'Good morning' and smiling can be good for the soul.  I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. Love greenpeax

I find routine super important. Even the basics like getting up at a decent hour every morning - trying to keep good sleep hygiene- showering etc.

Thank you.

Yeah keeping my routine but work routine begins next week. Thanks

Hi @AngelB I get what you're saying about taking a lot of effort to feel normal.

Just want to echo waht @Hooligan said about routine. It's critical for me too. You were saying back to work for you soon. I had a break over Christmas/New Year, which was great but back to work can be a bit of a challenge. I find it difficult to get a balance some times between sticking with my routine, and letting myself off the hook a bit when I'm really tired. Same as @greenpea sleep is so important. My problem is too little atm.

I hope you can connect with some people here. It has helped me to know that there's others who get it - makes me feel less alone, to know that others share my struggles. Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance